Meet the Team
Liandri Van Niekerk is the founder & owner of Gymjam. She is a former gymnast and current SAGF coach and judge. Liandri has a passion for sport (especially gymnastics) & loves teaching children the foundations of movement. She has an HPFA certificate in Kids Development as well as a Bcom degree in Business Management.
Petru Booysen is one of our head coaches at Gymjam. She loves working with children. She has a certificate in personal training from ETA College. She is also a former rhythmic and artistic gymnast and currently coaches gymnastics to all age groups.
- Our strong focus on foundation gymnastics, ensure that your child receives comprehensive physical, emotional, mental, and social development.
- Gymjam has developed its own unique gross motor game, the Dizzy Dice which is often incorporated into our lessons and is available to purchase as part of the registration package.
- A part of our curriculum is dedicated to the development of social skills and are incorporated into our lesson plans.
- Children love our well trained and energetic coaches who always go the extra mile to ensure a fun learning environment.
- We value individual attention and hands-on work.
- Gymjam offers fun holiday programs where children can make new friends while participating in various physical and educational activities.
- Individual progress reports are completed by coaches throughout the term and presented to parents with a certificate at the end of each term.
Gymjam is powered by the Fitnastix curriculum which is founded and owned by Tania Williams, former Springbok gymnast, and coach. The Fitnastix program is one of the leading educational programs teaching the Fundamental tumbling gymnastics skills to children, is an official member of the South African Gymnastics Federation, the Western cape Gymnastics Association and is a CATHSETTA ACCREDITED Training Provider.
The Gymjam curriculum is offered to preschool-aged kids (3 – 6 years) as well as a separate curriculum for school-aged children (7 – 9 years).
The curriculum includes rope skipping, foundation gymnastics, and Parkour (better known as street gymnastics).
Lessons are presented once per week and are 30 – 45 minutes long. Class size is based on a ratio of 6:1 with an assistant coach for larger group sizes. Each lesson includes a warm-up, comprehensive skills session with the lead-up skills and progressions leading into skills such as forward and backward rolls, cartwheels, and handstands. This is followed by a cool-down which including stretching and recapping of activities learned during the class.
Quarterly progress reports and annual grading certificates are presented to parents.
Social skills are incorporated into the lessons, with a new social skill introduced every 2 weeks.
The Dizzy Dice
The Dizzy Dice is designed specifically by Gymjam to encourage active play in class and at home. Its fun and interactive features allow families with children 3 – 9 years to laugh and play together while learning.
The game can be played by the entire family or children can play in groups of two or more. Children under 4 years should be supervised by a parent/adult. The Dizzy Dice can be purchased as part of the registration package and is also available to purchase separately to non Gymjam members.